National Sales Lead Oncology / National Sales Manager Oncology
The Oncology unit of our client is one of the largest and fastest growing business units in the Netherlands, having more than doubled its revenues in the past year driven by a successful launch. The Oncology unit is one of the key drivers with a large number of oncology products planned for launch over the next 2-3 years. The portfolio today includes products that serve patients with breast cancer, renal cancer, lung cancer, and hematological cancers, and our coming launches will expand in many of these tumor types, as well as expand into other tumor types such as ovarian cancer and prostate cancer.
The National Sales Lead (NSL) / National Sales Manager Oncology plays a central role in the ongoing success the Oncology unit in The Netherlands. The role is responsible for the national Sales Plan and for all field operations related to the largest parts of the business which contribute over 80% of our total oncology revenues: breast cancer and renal cancer. The NSL has 10-12 people in his/her organization including Sales Representatives and Key Account Managers. The NSL / National Sales Manager Oncology is also a member of the Netherlands Oncology Senior Leadership Team that sets the strategy and direction for Oncology in The Netherlands.
The National Sales Lead (NSL) / National Sales Manager Oncology is expected to be highly autonomous and to lead the field organization in defining and delivering the sales/customer targets defined annually in the national Sales Plan. Following is a summary of key responsibilities, and the NSL is expected to further define the role based on his/her expertise.
The National Sales Lead / National Sales Manager Oncology is responsible for:
- Setting the strategy and direction for Oncology in The Netherlands, as a member of the Netherlands Oncology Senior Leadership team;
- Developing an annual national Sales Plan, in close alignment with key internal stakeholders, that sets realistically ambitious targets;
- Defining at both a macro and a micro level the key actions, resources, and KPIs needed to deliver on the annual Sales Plan;
- Monitoring field organization performance against the KPIs defined in the annual Sales Plan;
- Proactively identifying emerging opportunities and risks, and leading the field organization in proactively developing plans for addressing these;
- Leading, directing, monitoring, motivating and empowering the field organization in delivering on the annual Sales Plan.
- Conducting twice-annual evaluation reviews with each member of the field organization with the aim of developing key capabilities, correcting performance trajectories, and rewarding high performance;
- Ensuring high quality training and coaching for the field organization to maintain superior competitiveness;
- Building and cultivating productive working relationships with internal stakeholders in Marketing, Medical, Market Access, and other functions that support delivery of the Sales Plan;
- Building and cultivating productive relationships with KOLs and Decision Making Units (DMUs);
- Actively monitoring key oncology developments in the Dutch health care landscape and translating the implications to how the field organization operates.
The National Sales Lead Oncology / National Sales Manager Oncology should have the proven ability to:
- Build, lead, and coach high-performing teams;
- Set high standards and hold self and others accountable to them;
- Think strategically and innovatively, and take thoughtful risks;
- Understand others and positively leverage insights and influence;
- Seize accountability for driving the business forward;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferable in business or life sciences;
- At least 5 years successful experience in pharmaceutical sales;
- Knowledge and experience in oncology, including a customer network;
- Good knowledge of English language and fluent in Dutch;
- Knowledge of financial processes and concepts;
- Driving License B, as this position requires significant presence in the field with oncology stakeholders and colleagues in the field organization.
More information or questions about the National Sales Lead Oncology / National Sales Manager Oncology ? Please contact or call Tom van der Poel email@example.com or +31 6 51846575.